I’ll be honest, this blog is a hobby and only attracts minor traffic, but it’s a lot of fun. Through my efforts to promote it on Twitter and Instagram I have met a lot of other great creators and streamers and it’s participating in this community that has been the most fun.
That is why I’ve decided to start offering opportunities for guest posts and collaborations. If you like this site and want to collaborate send me an email with your idea at email@example.com with the words GUEST POST in the subject line. I will check this email at least once every week, if I take awhile to get back to you just send me a message on twitter @expyblg.
I cannot offer payments and I don’t expect payment for any collaborations. This is meant to be a new way to interact with the larger community and hopefully support each other. With that said, I do have a few rules about what can be included in a guest post on this site.
- You should include whatever biographical information about yourself that you would like included with the post.
- You may include links to your own blog, twitter, kofi, wattpad, instagram, patreon, twitch, redbubble, or etsy pages.
- You may not include affiliate links, referral links, or anything that could be construed as spam.
- Your guest post should relate to speculative fiction, writing, worldbuilding, gaming, or something related to these communities. Don’t hesitate to ask if you are not sure whether your idea fits.
- You should email me before you start writing. If something doesn’t quite fit I’d rather not have to say no to someone who has already written an entire essay.
- You may submit something that you have already posted on your own blog.
- Commentary on current events or anything that could be construed as racist or discriminatory is not allowed.
- All sources for material that is not your own should be properly cited.
- Non-fiction posts should have references that support your arguments and provide links to further reading.
- Submissions should be sharable in Google Docs.
Some (But Not All) Topics That Would Make A Good Guest Post
- A short story, poem, game, or setting that you have made and would like to share.
- A review of a book, board game, video game, movie, or television series that you enjoyed (or did not enjoy).
- A guide for a writer trying to write a character who works in your career or field.
- Explanation of a historical event or technology that may help worldbuilders.
- Reviews of pens, keyboards, computers, notebooks, or other things that writers may like.
- Discussion of your own scifi/fantasy inspired art and your inspirations.
- Which D&D class is the best and why.
- Simplified explanations of complicated topics for writers who want their characters to sound smart.
- Guides to writing character backstories.